How Barcelona could line up with Cristiano Ronaldo after ‘unhappy Man Utd star offers himself to old rivals’

181

Cristiano Ronaldo could complete a shock transfer to Barcelona in January after ‘offering himself’ to the Catalan.

And boss Xavi could have a facelift in favor with the Portuguese icon leading the line with new signing Ferran Torres.

Cristiano Ronaldo may lead new look of Barca team from January

1

Cristiano Ronaldo may lead new look of Barca team from January

Torres sealed a return to Spain on Tuesday, joining Manchester City for £55million.

A deal – which includes an astounding one billion euro (£842m) buyout clause – was agreed between the two clubs last week.

He underwent a medical at Nu Camp and soon after signed a five-year contract.

And the forward may soon be standing alongside Manchester United icon Ronaldo.

The Portuguese superstar is said to have approached Barca centre-back Gerard Pique and asked him to speak to Nou Camp boss Xavi about a move.

According to Mundo Deportivo, his agent Jorge Mendes is also already in talks with Barca president Joan Laporta.


JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100 GAME TO PLAY & NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs applicable)


Ronnie knows that the cash-strapped Catalans are looking for a goalscorer.

He is said to have contacted Xavi ‘a few days ago’, which is attributed to the introduction by his former United team-mate Pique.

Mendes has a good relationship with Laporta and the pair are already discussing the feasibility of the move.

Many high-profile Barca officials are said to have thought the Real Madrid legend’s transfer was a joke when they first heard it.

Ronaldo is said to have been unhappy at Old Trafford as the team was still struggling despite his extra goals.

Ronnie and Torres could form a pre-Premier League quartet if the club follows through on their planned Chelsea raid.

Catalan blues duo Cesar Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen are reportedly considering a move.

I Read Our Transfer News Live Blog For the latest rumours, gossip and deals made

The defensive pair are both out of contract at the end of the season, and have yet to renew their deals.

In January they are allowed to start negotiations for a free transfer abroad, unless they sign a contract extension.

According to Sport, Azpilicueta, 30, and Christensen, 25, are both keen to move to Barca, which the LaLiga giants are also interested in.

Free bets: Receive over £2,000 in new customer deals

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here