Chelsea stars ‘want exit with Lukaku’, Bruno Guimaraes ‘Newcastle MEDICAL’, Luis Diaz update

129
Chelsea stars 'want exit with Lukaku', Bruno Guimaraes 'Newcastle MEDICAL', Luis Diaz update

AFTER a frantic January, the transfer window will shut for Premier League clubs next Monday.

With the race now on to get last-minute deals over the line, we’ll bring you all the big stories as they happen right here.

Chelsea were looking at strengthening their squad but instead a number of players are said to be wanting to leave after growing unhappy with Thomas Tuchel, as Romelu Lukaku is reported to be.

Georginio Wijnaldum is reportedly open to a return to the Premier League this January, although the PSG star is currently out with an injury.

While we’ve the very latest on Luis Diaz, with Tottenham joining the race for the Porto star.

Dele Alli’s future remains a mystery, with a host of Premier League clubs reportedly preparing a move for the out-of-favour Spurs star.

And Bruno Guimaraes is set for a medical at Newcastle United after the Toon saw off competition from Arsenal.

Follow ALL the latest transfer gossip and news with our live blog below…

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

  • Azpilicueta’s hopes of staying at Chelsea hit rocks 

    Cesar Azpilicueta’s hopes of staying at Chelsea have hit the buffers over his contract demands.

    The club’s captain and longest-serving player wants a long term deal – believed to be three years – when his current one expires at the end of the season.

    But at 32, Chelsea are unlikely to offer anything more than the standard one year extension to older players.

    There is a hope that loyal servant Azpilicueta could swing it with an option for a further 12 months beyond 2023.

    The Spanish defender has been at Chelsea since 2012 and has won every honour there is at club level since then.

    He is also a renowned fitness fanatic with an impeccable injury record who has barely missed a training session, let alone a match, in those nine years.

  • Wass to Atletico Madrid

    Atletico Madrid are closing in on the signing of Daniel Wass.

    According to Fabrizio Romano, the move for the Valencia man is a done deal.

    Wass will sign a contract until 2023.

  • Ronaldo’s message to Martial

    Anthony Martial got emotional as he watched his idol Ronaldo welcome him to Sevilla.

    The Frenchman joined Sevilla on loan, embarking on a new adventure away from Manchester United.

    Ronaldo – who owns second-tier Real Valladolid – said: “Hi Martial, how are you? Welcome to LaLiga and Sevilla! This is a big club in Spain and a big club in Europe.

    “They have incredible fans and play in a fantastic city. So I wish you all the best, and hopefully I’ll see you soon. Big hug, best of luck.”

  • Lingard £50million valuation

    Manchester United value Jesse Lingard at around £50million, according to the Guardian’s Jamie Jackson.

    The reporter states that United wanted a £12million bonus should Newcastle avoid relegation with Lingard in the team.

    Lingard reportedly feels let down and disrespected by United with the deal looking like it will collapse.

    The 29-year-old has six months left on his deal.

  • Reds eye Schalke star

    Liverpool are reportedly interested in Schalke defender Malick Thiaw.

    According to Milan News, AC Milan are in talks with the German side to sign the 20-year-old who will cost between £6.6 – £8.3million.

    However, the Reds are also keen on the defender and may try to hijack Milan’s pursuit, Milan News claim.

  • Carvalho expected to sign with Olympiacos

    Joao Carvalho is expected to leave Nottingham Forest and sign with Olympiacos on Thursday.

    SunSport understand that Carvalho will fly to Greece tomorrow morning to pen a permanent deal with the Greek champions ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline day.

    This comes after Gate 7 International revealed a deal had been struck between Forest and the Piraeus giants regarding the attacking midfielder.

    It was later claimed that Olympiacos manager Pedro Martins pulled the breaks on his fellow Portuguese’s arrival at the Georgios Karaiskakis.

    However, Sunsport understand that Martins has given the thumbs up and the 24-year-old is expected to join for an undisclosed fee.

  • Lo Celso facing Spurs boot

    Giovani Lo Celso could be on his way out of Tottenham.

    The Argentina playmaker was axed from the Spurs squad for Sunday’s 2-0 defeat at Chelsea – even though he tweeted he was fit and available.

    Sevilla are said to be interested in signing Lo Celso and the North Londoners could use him as bait to hijack Newcastle’s swoop for Brazilian central defender Diego Carlos.

    Lo Celso, 25, was signed from Real Betis for £27.2million two years ago after a successful loan stint.

    But form and fitness have restricted him to just two Premier League starts this season.

  • Jack Clarke’s Sunderland switch

    Jack Clarke is expected to complete a loan move from Tottenham to Sunderland today.

    The winger, 21, is believed to be having a medical at the Black Cats before finalising his switch.

    He has made just four substitute appearances for Spurs since joining from Leeds for £8.5m in July 2019.

    He has also had loan spells back at Leeds and QPR and Stoke.

  • Araujo ‘rejects’ Barca contract offer

    Man United and Chelsea transfer target Ronald Araujo has reportedly turned down a new contract offer from cash-strapped Barcelona.

    The centre-back is out of contract in the summer of 2023 and his imposing performances have landed him on the radar of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

    And according to Marca, Araujo is showing no signs of agreeing to new terms at Barca yet.

    The 22-year-old has rejected the cash-strapped Spaniards’ contract offer, putting the likes of United and Chelsea on alert.

    Araujo is reportedly aware of the financial lengths both clubs are willing to go to secure his signature.

    Barca will, however, try again in the near future to tie the promising defender down to a long-term deal.

    And Araujo is open to staying in Catalonia, but he wants a contract that adequately reflects ability and performances.

  • Arsenal and Juve transfer battle

    Arsenal are reportedly set to battle Juventus for the signing of Espanyol striker Raul de Tomas.

    Juve seemed to have beaten the Gunners to the recruitment of Fiorentina ace Dusan Vlahovic.

    But the Gunners get can one over the Serie A giants if they manage to steal Tomas from under their noses.

    According to Tuttomercatoweb, both the European giants are keen on the Spanish attacker.

  • Clarke on the move

    Jack Clarke is expected to complete a loan move from Tottenham to Sunderland today, reports SunSport’s Paul Jiggins.

    The winger, 21, is believed to be having a medical at the Black Cats before finalising his switch.

    He has made just four substitute appearances for Spurs since joining from Leeds for £8.5m in July 2019.

    He has also had loan spells back at Leeds and QPR and Stoke

  • Guimaraes transfer denied

    Lyon have “categorically denied” that Newcastle have reached a deal for Bruno Guimaraes.

    But the Toon are still pushing for a £30million agreement for Guimaraes with the Ligue 1 club having taken the exact same stance in the past before selling a host of players, like Alexandre Lacazette, Ferland Mendy and Tanguy Ndombele.

    It read: “Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media reporting an agreement between Newcastle and OL for the transfer of Brazilian international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

    “In this transfer window period where the slightest rumour is often presented as reality, Olympique Lyonnais reminds that only information officially released by the club is to be taken into consideration”

    GETTY IMAGES
    GETTY IMAGES
  • Case for change

    Premier League clubs have agreed new COVID-19 rules to clarify when matches can be postponed.

    Today’s meeting of the 20 top flight clubs backed Prem proposals to demand at least four positive coronavirus cases for a postponement request to be accepted.

    The change comes in the wake of League bosses agreeing to call off the North London derby when Martin Odegaard was the only Arsenal player unavailable due to the virus.

    That was among the 22 matches that have so far been postponed because of virus-related absentees, although four of those have since been played on a different date.

    SunSport understands no clubs spoke out against the change at today’s meeting

  • Liverpool linked with Dybala

    Liverpool are reportedly planning to launch a bid for Juventus star Paulo Dybala in the summer.

    Dybala will be a free agent when the season ends and the Reds are said to be keen on pouncing on the forward, according to Sport Italia and Tuttomercato.

    However, Inter Milan have also got eyes on the Argentina international and are reportedly favourites to sign him.

    The 28-year-old has amassed a total of 111 goals and 46 assists in 277 appearances in Turin

  • Man for the job

    Italy boss Roberto Mancini is the latest name that has been linked with the Manchester United manager role.

    According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, former Manchester City gaffer Mancini could be tempted with a return to the Premier League if United come calling after the World Cup qualifiers in March.

    Speaking to Rio Ferdinand on his FIVE podcast, Romano said: “Let’s see what happens with Roberto Mancini.

    “Mancini will be busy with Italy to see what happens with the World Cup with qualifying in March, but that could be an option.

    “He is tempted by the Premier League, he wants to come back to the Premier League one day. I will add his name to the list”

  • Aubameyang left out

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been left out of Arsenal’s squad flying to Dubai.

    The Gunners are set to jet off in the Middle East for a warm-weather training camp.

    Aubameyang has been exiled and stripped of the captain’s armband by manager Mikel Arteta after another disciplinary breach.

    The Gabon international has attracted interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Marseille and AC Milan

    GETTY IMAGES
    GETTY IMAGES
  • Pereira track record

    Vitor Pereira is currently out of work after being fired by Fenerbahce in December.

    This is the second time Pereira has been axed by the Turkish outfit after his dismissal in 2016.

    The Portuguese coach has also been given the boot by Olympiacos and 1860 Munich in recent years.

    However, the 53-year-old did experience success as Andre Villas-Boas’ replacement at Porto between 2011 and 2013.

    Pereira also won the Chinese Super League and domestic cup during three years with Shanghai Port FC

  • Reds eye Schalke star

    Liverpool are reportedly interested in Schalke ace Malick Thiaw.

    According to Milan News, AC Milan are in talks with the German team to sign Thiaw, who will cost between £6.6-£8.3million.

    However, the Reds are also keen on the centre-back and may try to hijack Milan’s pursuit.

    The Merseysiders have done business with Shalke before when they signed Ozak Kabak on loan last year

  • Aubameyang latest transfer rumour

    Arsenal outcast Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has offered himself to Barcelona.

    But Barca may reject the chance to bring Aubameyang to the Nou Camp as manager Xavi prefers Juventus loanee Alvaro Morata.

    According to Mundo Deportivo, the Gabon international is very keen to link up with the Blaugrana.

    The same report states that the striker has offered himself to the Catalans as he looks to leave north London.

    But Aubameyang could be denied a move to Barcelona with Xavi keen on bringing Morata back to LaLiga, where he is part of Atletico Madrid’s books

  • As per usual

    Everton are close to appointing Vitor Pereira as their new manager

    Pereira is expected to replace controversial former boss Rafa Benitez, who was sacked last week.

    According to the Mirror, the Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri wants to push on and appoint Pereira on a deal until the end of the season as he ignores advice from his peers like he did with Benitez.

    It’s said that Moshiri and fellow stakeholder Alisher Usmanov will once again listen to the advice of agent Kia Joorabchian rather than colleagues within Goodison Park.

    The Merseysiders have interviewed Frank Lampard over the post while club legend Wayne Rooney has also been in consideration.

    Key figures within Goodison Park expected the process to be a carefully considered one, with no immediate decision imminent.

    But it appears that Moshiri is once again set on rushing into another unpopular appointment

    GETTY IMAGES
    GETTY IMAGES
  • Gakpo talks held

    Liverpool have held talks to land PSV Eindhoven star Cody Gakpo, who is likely to leave in the summer.

    Gakpo has recorded six goals and 10 assists in 14 league starts for Eindhoven this season and is considered to be among the brightest emerging talents in the Eredivisie.

    According to Voetbal International, PSV are aware of the mounting interest in the forward and are accepting the possibility of losing the Netherlands international in the summer.

    The 22-year-old is therefore expected to extend his current deal by a year until 2026 so the Dutch giants are able to demand a higher fee from potential suitors in six months time

  • Arsenal’s forward thinking

    Arsenal remain desperate to bring in a striker in January with Dusan Vlahovic, Alexander Isak and Dominic Calvert-Lewin all serious options.

    The Gunners made bringing Fiorentina star Vlahohic their No1 priority this month.

    But the north Londoners look set to miss out with the Serbia international understood to have reached a deal with Juventus.

    According to The Athletic, the Premier League giants have yet to give up on luring the 21-year-old to the Emirates.

    However, should they fail to nab him, Arsenal will redouble their efforts in signing either Everton’s Calvert-Lewin or Real Sociedad’s Isak.

    But Mikel Arteta’s team know landing either player midway through the season will prove difficult as they are both critical to their respective teams

  • Palace keen on Van de Beek

    Crystal Palace are pushing to sign Donny van de Beek on loan from Manchester United.

    Palace have made a loan offer to take Van de Beek for the rest of the campaign, but with no option to turn the move permanent.

    Manager Patrick Vieira wants more experience in his squad and is understood to be a driving force behind the switch.

    The Eagles, however, face competition from other interested clubs, including Valencia

  • Newcastle agree Guimaraes fee

    Newcastle are closing in on midfielder Bruno Guimaraes after Lyon accepted a bid of around £30million, reports SunSport’s Oscar Paul.

    The Brazilian international is set to undergo a medical in his home country today.

    Arsenal and Juventus are also keen but are yet to submit an offer, leaving Toon in pole position to secure his signature.

    Guimaraes is a deep-lying playmaker and would become Newcastle’s second most expensive signing ever behind £40million countryman Joelinton.

    Guimaraes, 24, joined Lyon from Brazilian club Athletico Paranaense in January 2020 and has picked three caps with the Samba stars.

    One of Lyon’s most consistent performers over the past two season, he was part of the Brazil squad that won Gold at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

    Magpies boss Eddie Howe has been desperate to add a midfielder all January and is now hopeful of making his third signing this month following the arrivals of Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood

    GETTY IMAGES
    GETTY IMAGES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here