UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Nganou has been told he is nowhere near ready to face Tyson Fury in a crossover bout.
Predator was on the receiving end of a shock call-out from the WBC heavyweight king last week, a challenge he gladly accepted.
But the heavy-handed Cameron’s chances of overtaking the Gypsy King have been dismissed by many in the boxing world, including former WBC Cruiserweight Title challenger BJ Flores.
He told The Shamo: “Francis Ngannou is a lot of fun to watch.
“He’s such a big, strong and explosive and such a powerful athlete.
“But with Tyson Fury, it’s very difficult to get out there with a guy like Tyson Fury.
“It might sound easy on TV but Tyson Fury is the real deal and Francis would struggle incredibly with a guy like Tyson Fury.
“He’s just not going to go out there and just hit him.
Join San Vegas: GET FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100K GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs applicable)
“Fury is going to defeat him, period. I’d like them to fight other guys who are even bigger – he’s not ready for Tyson Fury.”
Ngannou, 34, is currently on the final battle of his UFC contract and hopes to negotiate a new deal that will allow him to take up boxing.
The former refugee will be back for a week at the main event of UFC 270 in Anaheim, California, on Saturday.
Ngannou’s first title defense will see him take on former MMA Factory teammate Cyril Gain.
In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Nganou said of his first title defense: “I don’t recognize [Gane’s] belt
“I am the undisputed heavyweight champion. [Gane’s belt] Not valid, it’s a replacement.
“The presence of the champion invalidates the interim title. And here I am.”
Free bets: Receive over £2,000 in new customer deals