Furious Dillian Whyte will begrudgingly accept 80-20 Tyson Fury purse split

135
Furious Dillian Whyte will begrudgingly accept 80-20 Tyson Fury purse split but demands court awards him more

Dillian White will accept an 80-20 split to fight Tyson Fury if his court case against WBC doesn’t get a boost.

The 33-year-old heavyweight from Brixton has been offered a minimum purse percentage, despite his status as interim champion and mandatory challenger.

Dillian White is angry that he is being offered 20 percent of his purse pot to fight Tyson Fury

2

Dillian White is angry that he is being offered 20 percent of his purse pot to fight Tyson Fury

White’s team, including promoter Hearn, are outraged by the WBC’s decision and have launched another arbitration against them.

And Hearn expects to kybosh the purse bids he had set for Mexico City on January 11.

Matchroom Boss said: “There’s a lot going on behind the scenes legally with Dillian and WBC, we’re not at all happy with the 80-20 split decision and now there’s a process we’ll have to object to.

“Once there is arbitration or court he will accept it as he feels very strongly.

“He feels 80-20 is not fair, but if the Court of Arbitration decides, I think he will go ahead.

“The offers that have come to Dillian so far are not acceptable. But we’ll probably be the number to bid on purse bids, so he’s in no rush to make unfair deals.

Join San Vegas: GET FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100K GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs applicable)

“But we expect the division to increase through the process we’re going through.”

And Hearn believes Team White’s latest case against the sanctioning body will mean Tuesday’s purse bid is actually cancelled, making this all-English grudge match even more Left to run for a long time.

“I expect it to be delayed,” he said. “I don’t see how it can proceed, arbitration is going on.

“I absolutely think the fight will be 80-20 as well and it’s not about Dillian’s split, it’s about evaluating the fight and what will help us win the purse bid.

“But I think it will be delayed because of arbitration – but that is up to the WBC.”

Fury’s UK promoter Frank Warren has revealed that the Gypsy King has decided to fight again on 26 March – with or without the green and gold belt – and that White will soon have to decide whether to date him. wants to be

But rival matchmaker Hearn believes it is a ploy to bully White into making a disappointing deal.

He added: “The danger is the Fury Box on March 26th and it won’t be Dillian because the case is ongoing. But it’s just to put pressure on Dillian to make a bad deal.

“Tyson wants to shelve the WBC belt and just defend his Ring Magazine belt, but it could have legal ramifications with the arbitration case. It’s a bit of a mess.

“If I’m fury – and I’m not fighting Usyk – I’ll fight White because it’s the biggest money for him and it gets rid of his essentials.

“But (US promoters) Bob Arum and Frank Warren would not want to pay the money we think Dillian White is worth for that fight.

“Until they do that there will be no deal and they will try to get a cheaper rival to march.”

Tyson Fury is ready for action on March 26th - according to his promoter Frank Warren

2

Tyson Fury is ready for action on March 26th – according to his promoter Frank Warren

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here