Floyd Mayweather said he would return for “more than one fight” and called his return “a limited edition boxing showcase”.
Mayweather will headline an exhibition in Dubai on February 20, just four days before his 45th birthday, confirming that it will not and will be one.
He said: “One fight? We can have more than one fight.
“We want to give people some entertainment. So yeah, it’s going to be more than one fight.”
The event will be held at the helipad of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and will take place just four days before Mayweather’s 45th birthday.
He declared: “February 20, we haven’t picked a rival yet, but I’m looking forward to it and hopefully we’ll give you guys something to look at.”
Mayweather officially retired in 2017 after defeating 33-year-old UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a fascinating crossover match.
But he has returned twice, in both appearances, starting with a round of demolition work on featherweight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, 23.
Free bets: Receive over £2,000 in new customer deals
Most recently, in June he was sped over eight rounds by 26-year-old YouTuber Logan Paul, who weighed TWO STONE more.
Mayweather later insisted that his time in the boxing ring was over – both professionally and in brilliant capacity.
But it looks like the game’s richest warrior has had a change of heart once again, and is now planning to bring several shows to the Middle East.
Mayweather previously distanced himself from returning to traditional boxing and doubled down on valuing it as an entry, as opposed to the sport.
He added: “Well, I don’t like to call what I’m doing a fight. I like to call it a limited edition boxing showcase. Because it’s bigger than just boxing.”
Mayweather confirmed that his return would take place in the face of limited capacity, the unique setting of such an exhibition.
He commented: “It’s going to be a very special crowd, not a lot of people.
“So, if you get the chance to be here, you should know that you are very special to this event.”